Adventure, micro sized. Rajgoda

Let the adventure begin!

First there was a lockdown. Then there was an unlock! Everything was good until that time. It was complicated then as I had to go to work the whole time, so lockdown was not for me but except work I could not go anywhere else as lockdown was for me.  I was coping with all that in my own way. After that it all became too complicated for my simple brain. Now there are partial lockdown, total lockdown, weekly lockdown, seasonal lockdown! I don’t even know what all these means! Depending on the particular location and particular time of the day, I can be subject to any one or many of these lockdowns.

Huge swamps

Rare glimpse of local train in this lockdown

So before my head burst I hopped on my Himalayan. There is something very comforting about this bike, when you sit on the saddle and start the engine, all the worries go away. Or may be the huge weight reminds me that I can not be distracted by all those insignificant things like corona virus and all that, serious machine demands serious attention or may be I am day dreaming. Anyway, my adventure began.

View from the cockpit

They are also pursuing something.

With Himalayan everything is adventure, even if my destination is merely 5km away from my home. A little known place in the lap of nature accessible through a offroad trail, bordered with huge swamps with full of water lilies, does not that sound like a perfect place? Well, it was. If you scale this up 10 times, it will be a perfect adventure lover’s gateway. It is the Rajgoda station. It possibly have a paved road connection but I preferred the trail that diverged from the Haldia Mecheda Highway.

A tiny railway station called Rajgoda

Water lilies are every where.

As I diverged from the highway and entered the trail, nature really embraced me with open arms. The fine weather of today morning made the experience more beautiful. There was no one. Only 2-3 women were collecting the waterlilies. I collected some aquatic plants for my aquariums. Very slowly I progressed towards the station, stopping frequently socking in the beauty of nature. 

In pursuit of happiness


The length of the road was not even 1km so eventually I reached the end and had to turn back. I rode towards home, with all the worries and everything paused for sometime now.


* if you want to come here by train,(which you can not in the lockdown) this is the 2nd station after Panskura in Haldia or Digha route and by road you have to take the mud road at left just before the flyover after Radhamoni towards kolkata.

Bird's eye view of the station

Comments